For most people working in an office is standard routine for lots of people. But for some office work is not for everyone. The downsides of working in an office come with some annoying buzzwords. According to a Glassdoor study, the most annoying office buzzwords include being asked to “touch base” or to talk about a “game changer” so you can “pick it up and run with it” are just downright annoying.
People sometimes get sucked into the office culture and resort to annoying buzzwords to fit in with the “lingo”.
Most hated buzzwords of all time.
- Blue Sky Thinking – Basically meaning unconventional thinking.
- Drill Down – What is the root of the issue.
- Scalability – A small thing or ideas ability to grow.
- Power through – Just focus on this particular project.
- Run it up the flagpole – Whos next in charge that can approve this bollox of an idea.
- Touch Points – Eh this is just the more important points in a presentation.
- Ducks in a row – So we have all the relevant pieces in place for this project.
- Outside the box – Now this is similar to #1, a load of arse.
- All hands on deck – Can we all give a dig out cheers.
- Take it offline – Let’s go to the pub after work and talk privately about this.
Now, this type of chat happens quite a lot in offices across the globe and if these buzzwords are so annoying, why do so many people use it?
According to a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology in 2014, the more vague language you use, the more powerful you seem to your colleagues and employees.
But seriously let’s get some blue sky thinking on these moronic touch points and just have a normal conversation?